Biden Speaks For First Time About Hunter Emails, Here Is What He Said...

Written By BlabberBuzz | Saturday, 17 October 2020 18:20

Finally- Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden was asked about the explosive New York Post that alleges emails show his son made millions trading on his father’s influence.

The former vice president’s response? “I have no response.”

The New York Post on Wednesday released a bombshell report just weeks before the presidential election that purported to show emails between Hunter Biden and a Burisma official while his father was vice president.

The Post obtained a 2015 email indicating that Vadym Pozharskyi, an adviser to the Ukrainian energy company Burisma, thanked Hunter Biden for “giving an opportunity” to meet his father, who was then serving as vice president under Barack Obama.

After not being asked about the growing controversy surrounding Hunter Biden at the ABC News town hall by moderator George Stephanopoulos, the Democratic nominee spoke to reporters outside his private jet Friday following his campaign events in Michigan. When he was approached about the subject by CBS News reporter Bo Erickson, Biden went after the journalist.

“Mr. Biden, what is your response to the New York Post story about your son, sir?” Erickson asked.

“I know you’d ask it,” Biden fired back. “I have no response, it’s another smear campaign, right up your alley, those are the questions you always ask.”

The Biden 2020 presidential campaign previously responded to the Post story on Wednesday, claiming the former vice president “carried out official U.S. policy toward Ukraine and engaged in no wrongdoing,” and that “Trump administration officials have attested to these facts under oath.”

The elder Biden has previously stated that he had “never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings.”

The controversy further escalated after Facebook and Twitter began cracking down on the spreading of the article on social media.

“While I will intentionally not link to the New York Post, I want be clear that this story is eligible to be fact checked by Facebook’s third-party fact checking partners,” Facebook spokesman Andy Stone tweeted Wednesday. “In the meantime, we are reducing its distribution on our platform.”

Twitter claimed in a statement that it had taken action against the article in keeping with the company’s “Hacked Materials Policy” and prevented users from sharing the report.

Twitter blocked users from posting pictures of the emails or links to two of the New York Post's stories referring to them, spokesman Trenton Kennedy said, citing its rules against sharing "content obtained through hacking that contains private information."

Twitter went as far as requiring the New York Post to delete its tweet about the story.

Amid backlash, the company rolled back its overzealous crackdown, which included a mea culpa from Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey.

Start your own discussion or comment on someone else's

Start your own discussion or comment on someone else's

Start your own discussion or comment on someone else's

Start your own discussion or comment on someone else's