The families of victims of the mass shooting at a Texas elementary school earlier this year are preparing to file a $27 billion lawsuit against the school District police force for its terrible response to the attack. [tweet_embed] August 24, 2022[/tweet_embed] The lawsuit, which is expected to be filed in September, will argue the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District was awful in its response to the Robb Elementary School shooting. A notice of claim, which attorney Charles Bonner told ABC News has been provided to the district, cites a House report that determined the police department “failed to exercise command and control of law enforcement." Uvalde:365 is a continuing ABC News series reported from Uvalde and focused on the Texas community and how it affects the shadow of tragedy. The notice cites an investigative report from the Texas House of Representatives which says, "Uvalde CISD and its police department failed to implement their active shooter plan and failed to exercise command and control of law enforcement responding to the tragedy." "We want this amount of money to compensate these people for this wrong that was parachuted upon them," Bonner said. [tweet_embed] August 24, 2022[/tweet_embed] Bonner also said he hopes the large sum can fund mental health resources and hold police forces accountable. The lawsuit will be formally filed in September, naming a long list of defendants. The Uvalde school district did not immediately respond to ABC News' request for comment. The $27 billion total will go toward compensating the families of the victims and funding mental health resources, according to Bonner. "People have a right to life under the 14th Amendment, and what we've seen here is that the law enforcement agencies have shown a deliberate conscious disregard of life," Bonner told KSAT. "Everyone in this world are hurting and bleeding about what is happening here in Uvalde. And it's up to us to make sure it doesn't happen again." The lawsuit will name several defendants, including the UCISD police department, school police chief Pete Arredondo, the Texas Department of Public Safety, Border Patrol, and the gun retailer where the gunman purchased his weapon, among others. The news comes three months after the deadly shooting at Robb Elementary School on May 24 that left 19 students and two teachers dead. Law enforcement, particularly Arredondo, has faced harsh criticism over the 70 minutes it took to confront and kill the 18-year-old gunman. [tweet_embed] August 24, 2022[/tweet_embed] State and federal agencies have opened investigations into the shooting, scrutinizing the timeline of the law enforcement response. The Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District did not respond to a request for comment by the Washington Examiner.