Hysterical: Floridians Tell Woke New Yorkers 'Thanks For The Bagels, Now Leave'

Written By BlabberBuzz | Saturday, 08 January 2022 16:45

An angry Floridian has a note for their neighbors: If you’re woke, go back to New York.

Several cars with New York license plates parked on Palm Beach streets got notices on their windows over the weekend encouraging them to leave if they are woke, as in canceling everything.

“If you are one of those ‘woke’ people — leave Florida. You will be happier elsewhere, as will we,” reads the message, typed in all capital letters. The threatening letters were found on cars parked along Sunrise Avenue, Bradley Place and Seaview Avenue in the ritzy seaside enclave about an hour north of Fort Lauderdale that’s long been a cherished spot for New Yorkers who head south for the winter.

Concerned citizens reported the letters to the Palm Beach Police Department on Sunday, but cops concluded that no crime had been perpetrated after a short investigation.

 MUST SEE: IS THIS MITCH MCCONNELL STATEMENT ACTUALLY OFFENSIVE?bell_image

 MUST SEE: IS THIS MITCH MCCONNELL STATEMENT ACTUALLY OFFENSIVE?bell_image

“Residents were concerned about the lack of civility and respect for personal property. We understood that concern and that’s why we started to look into the matter but we were determined … it was non-criminal in nature,” Capt. William Rothrock, the department’s public information officer, told The Post by phone Wednesday.

 FEDS EYEING 'DIGITAL DOLLAR' TO COMBAT BITCOIN & BEAT CHINA TO THE PUNCHbell_image

 FEDS EYEING 'DIGITAL DOLLAR' TO COMBAT BITCOIN & BEAT CHINA TO THE PUNCHbell_image

“As uncivil as it may be and not characteristic of our community, it is not a crime.”

Rothrock couldn’t assert how many cars had been given the message but said only vehicles with out-of-state license plates received the note, the “majority” of which had New York plates.

 YOUTUBE CONTINUES CENSORSHIP OF ALL INVOLVED IN JAN 6THbell_image

 YOUTUBE CONTINUES CENSORSHIP OF ALL INVOLVED IN JAN 6THbell_image

While the notes weren’t illegal, some residents were displeased at the message.

“America was founded on freedom of religion and thought,” a former New Yorker who now lives in Palm Beach told the Palm Beach Daily News, which first reported the notices.

“We have seen that there are many people willing to follow through on such dangerous and threatening messages,” continued the resident, who didn’t share their name due to safety concerns.

 PSAKI GRILLED OVER MASSIVE SPIKE IN CRIMEbell_image

 PSAKI GRILLED OVER MASSIVE SPIKE IN CRIMEbell_image

“This behavior is another sign that our democracy is in peril.”

United Van Lines’ 45th Annual National Movers Study shows an angry Floridian has a note for their neighbors: If you’re woke, go back to New York.

 DESPITE UK DECISION TO 'LIVE WITH VIRUS', PSAKI SAYS BIDEN ADMIN NOT READYbell_image

 DESPITE UK DECISION TO 'LIVE WITH VIRUS', PSAKI SAYS BIDEN ADMIN NOT READYbell_image

Several cars with New York license plates parked on Palm Beach streets got notices on their windows over the weekend encouraging them to leave if they are woke, as in canceling everything.

“If you are one of those ‘woke’ people — leave Florida. You will be happier elsewhere, as will we,” reads the message, typed in all capital letters. The threatening letters were found on cars parked along Sunrise Avenue, Bradley Place and Seaview Avenue in the ritzy seaside enclave about an hour north of Fort Lauderdale that’s long been a cherished spot for New Yorkers who head south for the winter.

Concerned citizens reported the letters to the Palm Beach Police Department on Sunday, but cops concluded that no crime had been perpetrated after a short investigation.

“Residents were concerned about the lack of civility and respect for personal property. We understood that concern and that’s why we started to look into the matter but we were determined … it was non-criminal in nature,” Capt. William Rothrock, the department’s public information officer, told The Post by phone Wednesday.

“As uncivil as it may be and not characteristic of our community, it is not a crime.”

Rothrock couldn’t assert how many cars had been given the message but said only vehicles with out-of-state license plates received the note, the “majority” of which had New York plates.

“This behavior is another sign that our democracy is in peril.”

United Van Lines’ 45th Annual National Movers Study shows that New York, New Jersey and Connecticut were among the five states with the steepest losses. Jersey led the way with 70% of customers leaving the state compared to 30% moving in; for the Empire State (third worst, behind Illinois in second) , it was 63% out, just 37% in. The whole Northeast lost ground, as did California.

And nearly a third of departing New Yorkers mentioned “family” as a primary reason, far more than those pointing to “cost.”

Paying movers costs a lot more than renting a U-Haul, so it’s no surprise that the movers’ poll shows that the exodus also hits New York’s tax base, as those making $150,000 or more made up nearly half of those leaving. that New York, New Jersey and Connecticut were among the five states with the steepest losses. Jersey led the way with 70% of customers leaving the state compared to 30% moving in; for the Empire State (third worst, behind Illinois in second) , it was 63% out, just 37% in. The whole Northeast lost ground, as did California.

And nearly a third of departing New Yorkers mentioned “family” as a primary reason, far more than those pointing to “cost.”

Paying movers costs a lot more than renting a U-Haul, so it’s no surprise that the movers’ poll shows that the exodus also hits New York’s tax base, as those making $150,000 or more made up nearly half of those leaving.

Start your own discussion or comment on someone else's

Start your own discussion or comment on someone else's

Start your own discussion or comment on someone else's

Start your own discussion or comment on someone else's

Start your own discussion or comment on someone else's

Start your own discussion or comment on someone else's

Start your own discussion or comment on someone else's

Start your own discussion or comment on someone else's

Start your own discussion or comment on someone else's

Start your own discussion or comment on someone else's

Start your own discussion or comment on someone else's

Start your own discussion or comment on someone else's

Start your own discussion or comment on someone else's

Start your own discussion or comment on someone else's

Start your own discussion or comment on someone else's

Start your own discussion or comment on someone else's

Start your own discussion or comment on someone else's

Start your own discussion or comment on someone else's

Start your own discussion or comment on someone else's