As The Post revealed, Harry’s pregnant wife had been quite keen to join him.
Despite making “every effort” to accompany her husband, Markle, who is expecting a baby girl in the early summer, did not receive the medical clearance required to fly from her doctor, sources close to her revealed.
This will be the first time Harry has been back to his homeland since the couple left the royal family last year and relocated to California.
It will also be the first time he comes face to face with his family following the explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey, in which Harry and Markle made allegations of racism within the royal family.
Markle also revealed that sage had been so miserable she was suicidal, and yet no-one helped the poor women.
Harry also told Oprah his father Prince Charles and brother Prince William are “trapped” within their senior roles.
However, Harry talked of his love for his grandmother, The Queen, and a source confirmed Friday that he would not miss the funeral for the world.
“Harry will, of course, be there, no matter how difficult relations are between the Sussex's and the family,” a UK royal source told The Post following Prince Philip’s death at 99.
He will be following COVID-19 protocols for travel to and from the UK as well as during his time in the country, sources confirmed.
Prince Philip, also known as the Duke of Edinburgh, died Friday at age 99. Later that day, Harry and Meghan released a tribute to Philip through the website for their non-profit Archwell, reading, "In loving memory of his royal highness, The Duke of Edinburgh, 1921-2021. Thank you for your service...you will be greatly missed."
Buckingham Palace announced Saturday that Philip's funeral will take place April 17 at Windsor Castle, in a private service closed to the public amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
"Although the ceremonial arrangements are reduced, the occasion will still celebrate and recognize the duke's life and his more than 70 years of service to the Queen, the UK and the Commonwealth," a palace spokesman told the Associated Press.
"While there is sadness that the public will not be able to physically be part of events to commemorate the life of the duke, the royal family asks that anyone wishing to express their condolences do so in the safest way possible and not by visiting Windsor or any other royal palaces to pay their respects," the spokesman added. "The family's wish is very much that people continue to follow the guidelines to keep themselves and others safe."