Stephen Shackelford, an attorney for the voting company, wouldn't exclude it when asked Sunday by CNN chief media correspondent Brian Stelter. "We have not ruled out any potential defendants who participated in this defamation campaign," Shackelford said.
Dominion has an expanding list of defamation lawsuits after the November election, repeating claims about its technology and software that caused "irreparable damage" to the company's name and reputation.
The company filed a $1.3 billion lawsuit against Trump's former personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, a similar lawsuit against lawyer Sidney Powell, and a $1 billion suit against MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell. In seeking to drop the lawsuit against her, Powell claimed last week that "no reasonable person would conclude" that her comments about alleged election fraud "were truly statements of fact."
Like his associates, Trump himself spread election fraud claims about Dominion and, according to a video published on Sunday by TMZ of a wedding at the former president's Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, is still saying that something improper happened in his loss to President Joe Biden more than four months ago.
For now, Shackelford said, Dominion's legal team remains "focused" on Fox News.
Dominion announced a $1.6 billion lawsuit against Fox News on Friday. A network spokesperson said Fox News "will vigorously defend against this baseless lawsuit in court."
"Fox sold a false story of election fraud in order to serve its own commercial purposes, severely injuring Dominion in the process," according to the lawsuit filed Friday in Delaware. "If this case does not rise to the level of defamation by a broadcaster, then nothing does."
"Fox endorsed, repeated, and broadcast a series of verifiably false yet devastating lies about Dominion," the complaint says, including claims that the company's software manipulated the results of the 2020 vote.
In response, Fox News issued a statement Friday morning stating that it "is proud of our 2020 election coverage, which stands in the highest tradition of American journalism, and will vigorously defend against this baseless lawsuit in court."
According to Dominion, some of its employees have faced harassment and even death threats over claims pushed by Fox News.
Dominion is asking at least $1.6 billion in lost profits and enterprise value, plus more than $1 million in security expenses and expenses combatting disinformation. The company's lawsuit asks for a jury trial.
Dominion is not the only election technology company to say it was targeted by Fox News. Smartmatic filed a $2.7 billion lawsuit against the network and named Fox stars Lou Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine Pirro.