Log in
Tuesday, 10 October 2017 22:17

MGM says police timeline of Vegas massacre ‘may not be accurate’

Written by  Chris Perez

MGM issued a statement Tuesday night questioning the “most recent” timeline that was provided by police for the Las Vegas massacre — saying it “may not be accurate.”

“This remains an ongoing investigation with a lot of moving parts,” said MGM Resorts spokesperson Debra DeShong. “As evidenced by law enforcement briefings over the past week, many facts are still unverified and continue to change as events are under review. We cannot be certain about the most recent timeline that has been communicated publicly, and we believe what is currently being expressed may not be accurate.”

DeShong added, “We understand the public’s desire for information and the importance of getting our community and the public at large the information they deserve, and we are doing everything we can to support law enforcement’s efforts to do so. Therefor, it is not appropriate for us to comment further at this time on what remains an open matter for law enforcement.”

MGM’s statement comes just one day after police officials revealed that the Mandalay Bay security guard who was credited with heroically stalling Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock had actually been shot before his rampage took place.

The new details were made public Monday, sparking many to question the timeline of the massacre.

According to authorities, Paddock shot the guard at 9:59 p.m. — six minutes before he opened fire on the crowd at the Route 91 Harvest Festival, killing 58 people and injuring nearly 500 more.

Officers with the LVPD were said to have arrived at his 32nd floor suite at 10:17 p.m., where they found the wounded guard about a minute later.

This is where things don’t add up.

Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo had previously said that Paddock stopped shooting at concertgoers at 10:15 p.m. — after being spooked by the guard. But this couldn’t have happened if the guard was shot before the killing started. So it’s ultimately unclear why he stopped firing.

Another question that remains is what Campos did exactly after being shot by Paddock.

Authorities have not said whether he notified casino security or called for backup — and it’s also unclear if any other staff members or guests knew about the initial incident.

MGM did not specify as to what parts of the timeline they felt may not be accurate.

Police officials on Monday also revised the date on which they believe Paddock checked into the Mandalay Bay — saying it was likely Sept. 25, and not the 28th like previously thought.

“It’s very confusing to me that they are just discovering this a week later,” Nicole Rapp, whose mother was trampled during the Vegas massacre, told the Associated Press on Tuesday.

“How did we not know this before?” she said. “It’s traumatic for the victims and their families not to be sure of what happened.”

Last modified on Tuesday, 10 October 2017 22:48

User comments

5 comments

View most helpful

Nothing reported seems accurate - police need to get their act together - Casino video required NOW.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

(Updated: October 11, 2017)

other possibilities: the security guard, was initially involved in the shootings. and chickened out, at the last minute so paddock tried to shoot him. and is why the security guard, did not contact anyone.

or paddock chickened out, they exchanged gunfire leaving the security guard wounded and paddock dead. and the security guard did the mass shooting. as the security guard, changing his story sounds suspicious. and why things, are not adding up timewise.

or they were both doing the shootings, and one tried to kill the other to silence him. resulting in a exchange fire.

the security guard, could be the isis agent in contact with paddock.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

I wonder IF and WHEN the truth will come out???

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

(Updated: October 11, 2017)

This miss information isn't puzzling at all....as more evidence comes to light by the citizen's with cell phones and the internet sleuths...well yeah the authorities have to make changes to the cover story...
And how are they going to cover for all the other shootings at, at least three other casino's shootings that were recorded with cell phones....??? Just saying the authorities may just want to come clean?
And last but not least, what evidence was removed from the Reno residence break in and by whom?

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

I think the guard was shot 1st and whoever was in the room with paddock panicked and shot him next. Then opened fireon the crowd. Believe both were shot before the carnage began

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Harry Townsend Written by Harry Townsend
October 11, 2017
Regardless of everything else I think there is still a rat in a hole!

55°F

New York

Partly Cloudy

Humidity: 58%

Wind: 7 mph

  • 21 Oct 2017 75°F 54°F
  • 22 Oct 2017 73°F 56°F
Don't Forget To Like BlabberBuzz