Review Detail

What a shame. I grew up without a father in the house and Boy Scouts was a positive force in my life when I needed it the most. My Scoutmaster, deceased now, was a great man and served as a positive role model for myself and others. I was fortunate to grow up in the N.C. mountains and our troop was always doing something every weekend. Camping, hiking, canoeing, community service. It was great!

We actually had a tomboy girl that used to hang with us unofficially from time to time, but everyone just considered her one of the guys so it was not an issue. There are other organizations such as the Explorers that take both sexes but they are older, over 18 It would be more appropriate to just keep the Boy scouts as boys and the girl scouts as girls.

And bring the firearms training back into the mix, I have a Boy Scout camp that backs up to my property that has a really nice gun range from when they use to use .22's like we did. The Sheriffs dept uses it now since the Boy Scouts are not allowed to shoot .22's anymore. Just silly foolishness.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Comments

Ordering 

54°F

New York

Mostly Cloudy

Humidity: 81%

Wind: 4 mph

• 22 Oct 2017 74°F 55°F
  • 23 Oct 2017 72°F 60°F