Why can't Gov Brown & the big-city mayors supporting this be prosecuted for aiding & abetting the commission of crime (i.e., entering this country illegally)? Why couldn't this be done using RICO (18 US Code § 1961: Chapter 96 — Racketeer Influenced & Corrupt Organizations)?
RICO prohibitions include the following "racketeering" activities:
— (B) Any act which is indictable under any of the following provisions of title 18, US Code:
• § 1425 (relating to the procurement of citizenship or nationalization unlawfully)
• § 1426 (relating to the reproduction of naturalization or citizenship papers)
• § 1427 (relating to the sale of naturalization or citizenship papers)
• § 1503 (relating to obstruction of justice)
• § 1510 (relating to obstruction of criminal investigations)
• § 1511 (relating to the obstruction of State or local law enforcement)
• § 1546 (relating to fraud and misuse of visas, permits, and other documents)
• § 1954 (relating to unlawful welfare fund payments)
— (F) Any act indictable under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), including:
• § 274 (relating to bringing in and harboring certain aliens)
• § 277 (relating to aiding or assisting certain aliens to enter the United States)
I'm certainly no attorney or legal expert, but does not aiding & abetting illegal immigration make these government entities "corrupt organizations?" I'm sure the 9th Court of Appeals would disagree; but maybe the fear of prosecution would temper the blatant disregard for Federal Law & encouragement of what amounts to an invasion from south of the border, at least putting things back into their proper perspective & singling out these dishonest politicians for what they are.
Wind: 11 mph