Log in
Friday, 13 October 2017 02:07

Oliver Stone Clarifies Comments, Backs Out of 'Guantanamo' TV Series If Weinstein Co. Involved

Written by 

Oliver Stone has changed his tune on Harvey Weinstein.

The Oscar-winning director says he no longer will direct his fictional television debut Guantanamo as long as The Weinstein Company remains involved.

The decision marks something of a turnabout from comments Stone made earlier in the day at the Busan International Film Festival in South Korean, where he is serving as chair of the event's competition jury. During a morning press conference, Stone answered a reporter's question about the Weinstein allegations by suggesting that he was reserving judgment of the disgraced mogul, saying, "It's not easy what he's going through, either."

Hours later, Stone walked back those statements, writing in a message shared over Facebook that he was not aware of the extent of the allegations against Weinstein because he had been traveling. Stone now says he's "appalled" and "commend[s] the courage of the women who've stepped forward."

In May, Stone partnered with Weinstein Television for production of Guantanamo, a scripted drama about the detainees, soldiers, lawyers, journalists and other civilians on the controversial U.S. military base. Written and showrun by Daniel Voll (The Unit), the show was set to be Stone's first fictional television foray, with Alexandra Milchan (The Wolf of Wall Street) producing alongside TWC.

Read more at HollywoodReporter

User comments

There are no user comments for this listing.

70°F

New York

Cloudy

Humidity: 78%

Wind: 22 mph

  • 23 Oct 2017 72°F 60°F
  • 24 Oct 2017 72°F 67°F
Don't Forget To Like BlabberBuzz